XTerm on Windows using Putty and XMing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Putty http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
- XMing http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/
Install and Configure XMing
- Double-chick on the downloaded binary to start installation.
- Follow all the instruction steps.
- Once installation is completed, start XLaunch.
- Make sure "No Access Control" is checked.
- In Putty, for the connection that requires Xterm, make sure that "Enable X11 forwarding" is checked with :0.0 in the X display location.
- Export DISPLAY=Host:0.0 where Host is the Windows host name or IP address.
- Launch XTerm app.