OSX MacOS Xterm for Oracle DBCA
- Install XQuartz on your Mac, which is the official X server software for Mac
- Run Applications > Utilities > XQuartz.app
- Right-click on the XQuartz icon in the dock and select Applications > Terminal. This should bring up a new xterm terminal windows.
- In this xterm windows, ssh into the linux system of your choice using the -X argument (secure X11 forwarding). For example, to log into hulk.soic.indiana.edu you would run something like:
- $ ssh -Y firstname.lastname@example.org
(use -Y, not -X)